Posts tagged hill hiking
Broga Hill name has been associated with peoples around me until I can’t bear to ignore it. In fact, it’s an absolute a beauty hill with wonderful view for hikers. Photos taken by amateur photographer and trip review online can proves it.
Broga Hill @ Semenyih
After the success of my previous hiking trip, I’m planning another trip to Broga Hill by next week. As I will be leading a large group of friends to Broga, I need to get myself being prepare for it.
Here are the facts of preparation and advises on Broga Hill trip:
- Camera – absolutely more important than your phone, to capture the beauty of nature OR madness of yourself
- Towel – sweat like crazy during the hike before reach 1st peak
- Extra shirt – to get change at your car when you’re about to go back
- Water/Isotonic – to replace your body dehydration OR provide energy to your body with isotonic drink. Can be bought at nearby plantation area.
- Torchlight – required if you planned to hike and reach before 7am.
- Shoes – slippery surface during hiking up and down. Need a pair of shoes that having a good grip.
Here is the route advise to Broga Hill (from Cheras – Kajang highway):
- Take a route to Kajang highway start from opposite Phoenix Plaza.
- Go along the highway and pass 2 tolls (RM1.90 in total)
- Head to Semenyih until you notice Tesco Kajang on your right.
- Go straight until you notice Semenyih direction (in blue sign). Turn left.
- Congrat…you’re heading to Semenyih town.
- Take 10km drive until you see Petronas on your right and university nottingham sign on your left.
- Turn left before the traffic light.
- Go straight until you notice Rabbit Farm on your right.
- Broga Hill is just opposite the farm.
It’s advisable to reach earlier, probably before 6.30am to observe sunrise on the hill top. If you’re not coming for sunrise, you can start anytime you want as long as you can stand the heat after 8am.
Here are the photos for my first visit. Park your car in between the space allocated.
Walk towards to the plantation, following the road trail prepared. The surface is rocky and slippery. Some of them are even 60 degree steep.
Making impossible to go down in standing position. You’re require to duck-squatting down all the way. Funny but safe.
When you reach the first peak, you can feel so high. In fact, you got few more peaks to climb.
Stay tune for Broga next week.
After so many hike attempts on the Tabur Hill @ Taman Melawati, I have finally become an organizer to lead 8 peoples up to the hill in 4 hours. I managed to complete activity without any unforeseen circumstances except some of them didn’t have their breakfast earlier. And they have drowned out their energy to negative form.
Tabur Hill 2009 – Fifth Hiking
We met up at 7.00am along the MRR2 before turn into Taman Melawati. We manage to reach there at 7.40am. There were many peoples went up before us. Therefore, we’re considering as late comer.
Tabur Hill is only the hill that I hike every year since year 2006. It was my fourth hike this year. My previous hike experience can be found here (2006), here (2007) and here (2008). In fact, it doesn’t change much except for more caution remarks in dangerous path.
Tabur Hill (Bukit Tabur) – Fourth Hiking
21 March 2009
In fact, all the while, I’m hiking the West Hill but never been to East Hill. The West Hill is known as Crystal Hill. This route is better and easier comparing to West, according to my reading on other blog. (more…)