Posts tagged bukit broga semenyih
Gunung Tok Wan is not that a GLAMOR name for irregular hikers despite to its name. But it’s almost associated with Broga Hill when people asked where it is. Located at just behind Broga Hill peak, you can say an extension to Broga peak, there was a mountain.
14 Nov 2010 | Gunung Tok Wan [via Broga Hill]
The most crowded hill always the most favorite hill in Malaysia, Broga Hill in these recent years. The traffic towards the hill is almost JAM every weekend! If not, you have to queue up like a long mad queue for the sake of enjoying the nature. People from different groups namely from casual hikers, photographer, couple, family, teenager and even school kids.
Only few of groups included us dare to challenge Gunung Tok Wan after the Broga’s peak. Gunung Tok Wan starting point is located at 4th peak, also the highest peak of Broga.
Broga has height of 400m while Gunung Tok Wan has just 675m height. However, the trail stretches for almost 3.1km before touching the peak. From first peak to 4th peak of Broga might take you only 30 minutes, but from 4th peak to peak of Tok Wan will takes you 2 hours.
Broga Hill name has been associated with peoples around me until I can’t bear to ignore it. In fact, it’s an absolute a beauty hill with wonderful view for hikers. Photos taken by amateur photographer and trip review online can proves it.
Broga Hill @ Semenyih
After the success of my previous hiking trip, I’m planning another trip to Broga Hill by next week. As I will be leading a large group of friends to Broga, I need to get myself being prepare for it.
Here are the facts of preparation and advises on Broga Hill trip:
- Camera – absolutely more important than your phone, to capture the beauty of nature OR madness of yourself
- Towel – sweat like crazy during the hike before reach 1st peak
- Extra shirt – to get change at your car when you’re about to go back
- Water/Isotonic – to replace your body dehydration OR provide energy to your body with isotonic drink. Can be bought at nearby plantation area.
- Torchlight – required if you planned to hike and reach before 7am.
- Shoes – slippery surface during hiking up and down. Need a pair of shoes that having a good grip.