As promised, I’ll be back to Broga again for second installment. It’s totally different and less exciting as hikers but as photographers. Anyhow, my trip this time has gained something that new to you. Stay tune for my photography and series of pictures…
Broga Hill @ Semenyih
8 August 2009
I didn’t go with a big group this time, only three of us. We started at 7.00am and walked into the plantation area before hike to the top gradually.
Just want to give direction to first timer at Broga to take the RIGHT path when you come across this junction. It will lead you to better and safe route to the top.
Outing to jungle is very rare nowadays especially on FRIM. Yet another outing during the weekend. I’m still remember it was organized due to request for photography. Although it has become my routine to keep my stamina on-going, FRIM wasn’t my first choice.
Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)
I’ve visited FRIM for countless time, but still visiting nowadays for light training. Hence, when I was bringing them here again, that’s why called Yet Another Outing. I parked inside car park which cost me RM5 and RM1 for each passengers that I brought in. Normally I rather walked in and save the car park fees.
Eco-Challenge is best known as energy depletion activity with competent mindset. It’s a team event that requires fitness within the team and a high degree of understanding and commitment.
This year event is not easier but more interesting. It tested your endurance and ability to survive through the unexpected. Thanks to my previous experience of Eco-Challenge IX last year.
AmBank Challenge X
25 July 2009
A 12km endurance activity with non-stop challenges that you can never imagine. The race is covered different terrains such as road running, trail running, survival, mystery test and beach crawling. At least 10 obstacles involved which we have to overcome it before reaching our finishing point.
Total time taken is 5 hours!
Broga Hill – an amazing beauty hill landscape with full sunrise scenery view when you’re on top of the hill. In this recent days, Broga Hill is getting very famous as the destination spot for novice hikers and avid nature photographers.
Broga Hill @ Semenyih
27 June 2009
Located near to Nottingham University Semenyih, Broga Hill is about 30 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur city center. Broga Hill also known as Bukit Lalang, is a great place for hiking and scenic spot for photography.
Having a last successful of hiking trip, I decided to organize another hiking with the same group. However, it turned out to be unexpected large group that day. My group consists of 18 peoples. Fifteen of them are first-timer.
Broga Hill name has been associated with peoples around me until I can’t bear to ignore it. In fact, it’s an absolute a beauty hill with wonderful view for hikers. Photos taken by amateur photographer and trip review online can proves it.
Broga Hill @ Semenyih
After the success of my previous hiking trip, I’m planning another trip to Broga Hill by next week. As I will be leading a large group of friends to Broga, I need to get myself being prepare for it.
Here are the facts of preparation and advises on Broga Hill trip:
- Camera – absolutely more important than your phone, to capture the beauty of nature OR madness of yourself
- Towel – sweat like crazy during the hike before reach 1st peak
- Extra shirt – to get change at your car when you’re about to go back
- Water/Isotonic – to replace your body dehydration OR provide energy to your body with isotonic drink. Can be bought at nearby plantation area.
- Torchlight – required if you planned to hike and reach before 7am.
- Shoes – slippery surface during hiking up and down. Need a pair of shoes that having a good grip.
Here is the route advise to Broga Hill (from Cheras – Kajang highway):
- Take a route to Kajang highway start from opposite Phoenix Plaza.
- Go along the highway and pass 2 tolls (RM1.90 in total)
- Head to Semenyih until you notice Tesco Kajang on your right.
- Go straight until you notice Semenyih direction (in blue sign). Turn left.
- Congrat…you’re heading to Semenyih town.
- Take 10km drive until you see Petronas on your right and university nottingham sign on your left.
- Turn left before the traffic light.
- Go straight until you notice Rabbit Farm on your right.
- Broga Hill is just opposite the farm.
It’s advisable to reach earlier, probably before 6.30am to observe sunrise on the hill top. If you’re not coming for sunrise, you can start anytime you want as long as you can stand the heat after 8am.
Here are the photos for my first visit. Park your car in between the space allocated.
Walk towards to the plantation, following the road trail prepared. The surface is rocky and slippery. Some of them are even 60 degree steep.
Making impossible to go down in standing position. You’re require to duck-squatting down all the way. Funny but safe.
When you reach the first peak, you can feel so high. In fact, you got few more peaks to climb.
Stay tune for Broga next week.